Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing and inventory clerks process purchasing transactions and maintain inventories of materials, equipment and stock. They are employed by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, government agencies and other establishments.
inventory analyst, inventory clerk, inventory control clerk, inventory planner, procurement clerk, purchasing clerk, purchasing clerk assistant.
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
Jobs for Purchasing and Inventory Clerks in Laval Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Laval Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-11||inventory clerk||LES SERVICES KELLY (CANADA) LTÉE||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: