Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Storekeepers and parts clerks sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments, and the armed forces.
ammunition storekeeper, automotive partsperson – retail, material keeper, medical supply clerk, motor vehicle parts clerk, parts clerk, parts supplier, partsperson, ship storeman/woman, storekeeper, tool room attendant.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in a retail setting
- Advise retail customers or internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested.
Parts clerks may specialize in a particular line of parts such as automotive parts, recreational vehicle parts, marine parts, heavy equipment parts, agricultural machinery parts, heating, ventilating and air conditioning parts or refrigeration parts.
Outlook & Prospects for Storekeepers and Parts Clerks in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Station des Sports, a restaurant/sports bar chain, will be opening a sixth operation in Laval at the former Brasserie Place des Saules location in late April (available in French only)
- Les Comptoirs Germain has spent $1.3M on a new building in Laval in order to relocate its plant and thereby increase its production capacity. It currently employs about a dozen people. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A community housing house for the homeless is now open in Laval. The inauguration of L'Aviron follows a $4.8M investment and counts 30 units. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate company announced the construction of an office building worth an estimated $30M at the Centropolis site in Laval (available in French only)
- Date Modified: