Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2011-2013 forecast period, the employment outlook in the Laval region is Good for this occupation. The majority of employment opportunities will result from job creation and retirements.
Job openings will be filled by candidates with considerable experience in management related administrative positions, combined with relevant training.
In recent years, the number of business management service professionals has grown significantly as a result of the development of new management concepts, the search for greater productivity in a context of global competition and changes to corporate structure.
Since this trend is expected to continue, the number of business management service professionals should increase over the 2011-2013 forecast horizon.
Workers in this occupational group are primarily employed in professional, scientific and technical services; manufacturing; public administration; finance and insurance; and real estate and rental and leasing.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- The Government of Québec is investing $6.7M in the Altasciences pharmaceutical company in Laval to fund the acquisition of Vince & Associates Clinical Research The investment will result in the creation of 75 new jobs in the years ahead. (available in French only)
Week of Sep 17 – Sep 21, 2012
- The pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim has announced the closing of its research center in Laval, laying off 166 employees (available in French only)
- Date Modified: