Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chairperson, arts and culture association, chairperson, scientific association, chief financial officer (CFO), educational institution, corporate controller, social services institution, executive director, health services institution, executive director, professional association, executive director, voluntary organization, general manager, membership organization, president, business association, president, labour organization, president, music guild.
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization or institution or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Health, Education, Social and Community Services and Membership Organizations in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Mapei, whose employees have been on strike since May 2012, has closed two divisions, laying off almost 50 people. At the beginning of the strike, the Laval-based company employed 112 workers. Only 25 employees remain on strike. (available in French only)
- The Government of Québec announced an investment of $35M in the Laval region school system. This project will see the construction of two schools, the acquisition of one and the expansion of another. In total, 85 new classrooms will be added. (available in French only)
- The Government of Québec is investing $6.7M in the Altasciences pharmaceutical company in Laval to fund the acquisition of Vince & Associates Clinical Research The investment will result in the creation of 75 new jobs in the years ahead. (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Valeant Canada, the pharmaceutical company, has opened its new head offices in Laval after an investment of $70M to modernize it and move its production activities from Montréal. Valeant employs 140 people. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Coopérative funéraire de la Rive-Sud de Montréal has announced that construction work on its new Laval funeral home, a project estimated at $3.1M, will start in June 2013. It is scheduled to open at the end of October 2013. (available in French only)
- Sanofi Canada, the pharmaceutical company, has recently opened its new Canadian head office in Laval (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: