Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Hide and pelt processing workers trim, scrape, clean, tan, buff and dye animal hides, pelts or skins to produce leather stock and finished furs. They are employed by leather tanning, fur dressing and leather and fur dyeing establishments.
beating machine tender, leather buffer, leather stretcher, pelt dresser, shaving machine tender, tanner.
- Cut particles of flesh and fat from hides or pelts prior to processing using hand and powered cutting knives and remove loose hair from hides and pelts
- Operate machines to remove flesh or hair from hides, skins or pelts and shave hides to uniform thickness
- Shear fur or wool hides to produce pelts with hair of specified or uniform length
- Prepare solutions according to pre-established formulas in vats or revolving drums and immerse hides and skins to clean, dehair, pickle, dye, oil or tan
- Adjust rotation and mixing action of vats according to state of pelts
- Immerse pelts to clean, soften and preserve
- Operate machines to polish or roughen hides or skins to specified finish
- Tint or dye furs to enhance natural shades of fur
- May maintain and repair vats and other machinery.
Wages for Hide and Pelt Processing Workers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: