Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes a range of technical, co-ordinating and supervisory workers who co-ordinate and perform specific activities for television, radio and motion picture productions, news broadcasts, theatre and stage productions, and other live or recorded productions. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies, concert promoters and theatre, stage and dance companies.
costumier, floor manager – broadcasting, gaffer, key grip, lighting technician, make-up artist, program co-ordinator – broadcasting, property master – broadcasting, settings shop foreman/woman, special effects technician, stage manager, stage technician, stunt co-ordinator, theatre technician.
- Floor managers co-ordinate camera operators and other technical staff, and cue announcers, actors and performers during news broadcasts and television program tapings.
- Key grips supervise grips, gaffers and stagehands who rig, place, move and dismantle lights, sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Gaffers and lighting technicians set up, operate and make repairs to lights and other electrical equipment in studios and on sets and stages.
- Stunt co-ordinators and special effects technicians design and co-ordinate special effects such as fires, explosions and crashes.
- Make-up artists apply cosmetic and special effects make-up on actors and other performers.
- Costumiers study scripts to determine the necessary costumes; oversee the acquisition, fitting and maintenance of costumes.
- Settings shop foremen assist in preparing the construction specifications for sets.
- Property masters identify and list the necessary props and place them during rehearsals and performances.
Wages for Other Technical and Co-ordinating Occupations in Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and the Performing Arts in Moncton--Richibucto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: