Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program officers in this unit group are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.
attaché, elections officer, federal-provincial relations officer, foreign service officer, intergovernmental affairs officer, officer, office of the Speaker, officer, royal commission, officer, standing or select committee, protocol officer, returning officer, tribunal officer.
- Advise politicians or diplomats on the social, economic and political effects of government decisions on other governments in Canada or abroad
- Plan intergovernmental meetings and conferences with officers of other municipal, provincial or federal governments
- Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of elections within constituencies and ensure that electoral and voting procedures are followed
- Co-ordinate administrative support services for legislative committees, royal commissions or tribunals
- Participate as a member of a board or tribunal
- Plan logistics and oversee diplomatic protocol of official visits to Canada by foreign politicians and dignitaries
- Explain Canadian foreign and domestic policies to governments and nationals of foreign countries, and act on behalf of Canada abroad.
Wages for Program Officers Unique to Government in Moncton--Richibucto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: