Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
CEGEP teacher, college teacher, commercial art instructor, community college teacher, company trainer, computer training instructor, department chairperson – college, department head – CEGEP, firefighting instructor, language school instructor, teacher – institute of technology, teacher, legal assistant program, training officer – company, vocational institute teacher.
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
- Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
- Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
- Supervise teaching assistants
- May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education.
Outlook & Prospects for College and Other Vocational Instructors in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of qualified College and Other Vocational Instructors finding employment are considered to be good in the local area.
Many of the jobs in this occupation are in the educational services industry. There are two community colleges, as well as a few private colleges and specialized training schools in the region. Several of the employment opportunities for this occupation are temporary with the possibility of extension. It is more difficult to find qualified instructors in the more specialized fields. For the most part, the need for college and vocational instructors is greatest in larger urban areas. The demand is not expected to be as high in rural areas, though this does not mean that there are no employment opportunities there. Some instructors living in these areas may find jobs at local community access centers, or they may become self-employed.
Employment opportunities for College and Other Vocational Instructors may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A dyslexia support group plans to open a Help Centre in Dieppe this Fall employing five specialists in learning disorders. The Association sud-est Dyslexie-Action is planning to finance their project by launching a fundraising campaign to raise $200,000 to open the Centre.
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Université de Moncton and Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick come together to offer training in financial services management (available in French only)
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- The Université de Moncton would like to inform business owners that the co-op recruiting period for the Spring-Summer 2013 period is now underway
- The District scolaire francophone Sud is in need of additional school bus drivers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
- Date Modified: