Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
college teaching assistant, graduate assistant – university, postdoctoral fellow, research assistant, university.
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
- Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Assist in preparation and administration of examinations
- Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professor in analysis of results and preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.
Outlook & Prospects for Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||<Not assigned>||2004-12-10|
Last updated : 2004
Dernière mise à jour : 2004
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A dyslexia support group plans to open a Help Centre in Dieppe this Fall employing five specialists in learning disorders. The Association sud-est Dyslexie-Action is planning to finance their project by launching a fundraising campaign to raise $200,000 to open the Centre.
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Université de Moncton and Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick come together to offer training in financial services management (available in French only)
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- The Université de Moncton would like to inform business owners that the co-op recruiting period for the Spring-Summer 2013 period is now underway
- The District scolaire francophone Sud is in need of additional school bus drivers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
- Date Modified: