Local Employment Requirements
According to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick, the following are eligible for licensure in New Brunswick:
1. Physicians certified in Family Practice by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
2. Physicians certified in a specialty by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the College of Physicians of Québec.
3. Physicians with the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada who have at least one year of training in an accredited Canadian or American program. This should generally be in the form of a rotating internship. (Graduates of 1993 or later require two years of training.)
4. Physicians otherwise eligible for licensure in the Province of Quebec.
5. In limited circumstances, physicians eligible for licensure in the State of Maine, or another American jurisdiction.
6. A restricted license is available, in very limited circumstances, for certain foreign-trained physicians for direct employment by a hospital or institution.
Note: The requirements for a Locum tenens license are the same as that of a full license.
Foreign-trained individuals wanting to work in Canada in this occupation can find more information at the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials: http://www.cicic.ca/
Local Skills Requirements
Specialists Physicians need the following characteristics:
the intellectual ability required to successfully complete the academic training and keep up to date with new developments in medicine, a genuine interest in the welfare of patients and the ability to work with them, and other health care professionals, high ethical standards, emotional strength and maturity , good communication and teaching skills.
For additional information about essential skills, refer to:
Post-Secondary ProgramsYou may also expand your search by exploring the following cities:
List of cities offering similar programs
Detailed profiles, requirements and application and admissions information.
- CEGEPs, Colleges and Universities
Find the school that best suits your needs.
Information on scholarships, bursaries, grants, and other forms of financial assistance.