Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction inspectors inspect the construction and maintenance of new and existing buildings, bridges, highways and industrial construction to ensure that specifications and building codes are observed and monitor work site safety. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, construction companies, architectural and civil engineering consulting firms or they may be self-employed.
bridge inspector, building construction inspector, construction inspector, highway construction inspector, home inspector, housing construction inspector, mine inspector, construction, plumbing inspector, pre-stressed concrete inspector, safety officer – construction.
- Examine plans, drawings, and site layouts for new buildings, building renovations and other proposed structures
- Inspect construction of buildings, bridges, dams, highways and other types of building and engineering construction for conformance to drawings, specifications, building codes or other applicable ordinances
- Inspect and test electrical or plumbing installations in buildings to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Inspect steel framework, concrete forms, reinforcing steel mesh and rods, concrete or pre-stressed concrete to ensure quality standards and to verify conformance to specifications and building codes
- Inspect construction of sewer systems and pipelines
- Inspect construction sites to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Inspect existing buildings to identify and report on structural defects, fire hazards and other threats to safety
- Inspect new or resale homes on behalf of clients and assess and provide reports on the physical condition of property.
Wages for Construction Inspectors in Moncton--Richibucto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Edmundston--Woodstock Region||14.50||20.00||36.06||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Fredericton--Oromocto||14.50||20.00||36.06||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||14.50||20.00||36.06||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: