Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
application architect, computer software engineer, embedded software engineer, software architect, software design engineer, software design verification engineer, software designer, software engineer, software testing engineer, systems integration engineer – software, technical architect – software, telecommunications software engineer.
- Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Software Engineers and Designers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of qualified Software Engineers finding employment are considered to be limited in the local area.
Job opportunities in this occupation can be found in the computer system design services and public administration industries. There are job opportunities in the region, but mostly for software development (NOC 2174); however, there are a few potential employers in the region. Software engineers are found mostly in large urban centres. Demand for information technology occupations will continue to grow as more and more businesses attempt to upgrade and manage their information systems. Customized, integrated computer networks linking all aspects of a business are becoming increasingly popular. This increased use of computer technology will continue to create jobs for software engineers who are able to customize and integrate information systems specifically designed for an organization. New uses for computer technology will also create demand for information technology occupations. E-commerce and wireless communication are just two examples of technological advances that have increased demand for these occupations
Employment opportunities for Software Engineers may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- ADDIS Group Inc. in Grand Falls receives funding from the provincial government to expand its operations
Week of Jun 04 – Jun 08, 2012
Week of May 07 – May 11, 2012
- Date Modified: