Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Shippers and Receivers</i> (1471), <i>Storekeepers and Parts Clerks</i> (1472), <i>Production Clerks</i> (1473), <i>Purchasing and Inventory Clerks</i> (1474), <i>Dispatchers and Radio Operators</i> (1475) and <i>Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers</i> (1476). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
dispatch logistician, flight crew scheduling supervisor, freight forwarding logistician, head dispatcher, head shipper, inventory control supervisor, logistics supervisor – transportation, parts service supervisor, production clerks supervisor, ramp services supervisor – airport, stock control supervisor, supervisor, receiving, supply control co-ordinator.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-05-08|
Currently the chances of qualified Supervisors of Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area.
There are a number of job opportunities for this occupation in the region. The main employers are in transportation and warehousing, two industries that have a very strong presence in the region. Applicants for jobs in this occupation are usually required to have strong organizational and communication skills.
Employment opportunities for Supervisors of Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- Collège Trans-Canada College, a Moncton truck driver training school, formerly know as GW Driver Training, is upgrading its facilities and services to address the truck driver shortage in New Brunswick. The company aims to improve their recruitment of students and the matching of graduates to employers. The college also plans to offer driver training in French in the coming months.
- A contract of approximately $1.7M has been awarded to Dexter Construction Ltd. for roadwork in Dieppe. Work is expected to begin this summer.
- Date Modified: