Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-05-08|
Currently the chances of qualified workers in this occupation finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area.
Job opportunities in this occupation can be found in the following industries: public administration, other professional services, finance and insurance, and real estate. Firms are increasingly recognizing the value of planning and trend analysis in order to better identify business opportunities. A significant number of management consultant firms have opened up in the region in recent years. In general, these are small companies with a small number of employees. There are also advertising consulting firms in the region. This is an occupation for which self-employment is an option. There are government offices in the region as well as a number of national, regional and local businesses, creating many job opportunities in the consulting field. Market globalization is creating a demand for management analysts and consultants. Employment prospects could be more numerous for people who have experience in or knowledge of new management theories and practices and for people specialized in computerized management tools. Firms understand the importance of keeping attuned to the needs of a potentially worldwide clientele.
Employment opportunities for workers in this occupation may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- GuestLogix, a Toronto-based firm that develops technology for on-board retailing services on airline and rail operations, will set up in Moncton in December. The company will employ 35 full-time workers, including software developers, quality assurance testers, and other IT personnel.
- RtTech Software, a Moncton company that designs computer software to help manufacturers reduce waste and run more efficiently, will expand and create six new jobs.
- Caisse populaire Sud-Est branches in Notre-Dame, St-Paul, Richibucto-Village and Pointe-Sapin in southeast New Brunswick closed on November 29, 2013. The closures are attributable to declines in automated teller and in-person teller use due to the adoption of new technologies such as home computers and mobile devices. Five jobs will be affected by the closures. Caisse populaire Sud-Est has 12 other branches within southeast New Brunswick which remain open.
- The Atlantic Cancer Research Institute, located at the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton, and Boston-based biotech company New England Peptide, have announced the launch of Excipio Technologies Inc. This new startup biotech company has been created to commercialize a synthetic peptide called Vn96, used in the diagnoses of diseases. The new company is expected to create 12 to 15 highly-skilled biotech jobs in the next three years.
- The Economical Insurance office located at 1600 Main Street in Moncton has closed, eliminating 22 jobs. Some employees who reported to the Moncton office will be transitioning to home offices. The company is streamlining its operations across the company.
- Date Modified: