Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Internet communications manager, Web communications manager, Web marketing manager, advertising director, advertising manager, corporate sales manager, director, communications, director, media relations, director, public relations, fundraising campaign manager, manager, e-business, marketing manager, promotions manager, regional sales manager, sales and marketing manager.
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of qualified Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area.
There is a greater demand for sales managers. The demand for marketing and advertising managers is not as high. The sales and service industries have a strong presence in the region. Moncton is the hub of the Maritimes and is considered an ideal location for the establishment of wholesale trade business centres. Job opportunities therefore come up on a regular basis. Good working experience is usually required, and bilingualism is considered an important asset. In the marketing sector, there is more of a demand for people with technological knowledge, such as knowledge of social media. Strong competition can be expected when employers are recruiting to fill vacancies.
Employment opportunities for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Shediac Lobster Shop, a lobster processing and retail outlet, is undertaking renovations to their Shediac Main Street location. The business employs about 200 workers and will open their newly renovated location on May 29.
Week of Oct 01 – Oct 05, 2012
- CAD Railway Industries Inc. accepts deal to refurbish 14 rail cars in Moncton over the next 19 months
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
Week of Jul 16 – Jul 20, 2012
- Federal government provides funding to CE3 Electronics of Dieppe
- Federal government invests in Masitek Instruments Inc. in Moncton
- Date Modified: