Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- According to the Archbishop of Moncton, Monsignor Valéry Vienneau, the archdiocese will sell its diocesan centre in Dieppe because of budgetary constraints. This will result in the sale of the building and land and in the reduction of its personnel. Of the 19 existing positions 5 will be eliminated. The archdiocese will retain 5 full-time and 9 part-time positions, which will be transferred to other locations within the archdiocese.
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- A new daycare, Couvée de la vallée, is now open in Memramcook. This centre can welcome 28 children from newborn to 12 years old and employs four individuals.
Week of Jan 07 – Jan 11, 2013
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- Federal government invests over $92,000 in Moncton Youth Residences to help local youth succeed in the job market
- Date Modified: