Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services, such as diagnosis and treatment, nursing and therapy, within institutions that provide health care services. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes and other health care establishments.
chief of anesthesia, chief of emergency medicine, chief of medical staff, director of clinical medicine, director of dietetics, director of laboratory medicine, director of nursing – medical services, director of occupational therapy, director of physiotherapy, director of surgery, director, home care services, director, rehabilitation services, medical clinic director, mental health residential care program manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services within a department or establishment
- Consult with boards of directors and senior managers to maintain and establish standards for the provision of health care services
- Develop evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources
- Develop and implement plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in their department or establishment
- Plan and control departmental or establishment budget
- Represent the department or establishment at meetings with government officials, the public, the media and other organizations
- Supervise health care supervisors and professionals
- Recruit health care staff of the department or establishment.
Managers in health care specialize in administering the provision of specific health care services such as dietetics, clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, nursing, physiotherapy or surgery.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Health Care in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-05-08|
Currently the chances of qualified Managers in Health Care finding employment are considered to be limited in the local area.
Job opportunities in this occupation can be found in the health care and social assistance industry, as well as in public administration. Jobs in this occupation come up mainly in the local hospital network (Horizon and Vitalité). The region has two large hospitals with more than 1,000 employees each. In general, jobs are staffed internally; however, recruitment may be done on a wider scale on occasion. There is not much turnover in this occupation. Moreover, provincial government budget cuts may affect employment opportunities in this occupation.
Employment opportunities for Managers in Health Care may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 01 - Jul 05, 2013
- Family Service Moncton, a not-for-profit organization providing counselling and other related services, has declared bankruptcy. Twenty-five employees, including receptionists, therapists and psychologists will be affected by the closure.
- A new daycare, Couvée de la vallée, is now open in Memramcook. This centre can welcome 28 children from newborn to 12 years old and employs four individuals.
- Federal government invests over $92,000 in Moncton Youth Residences to help local youth succeed in the job market
- Date Modified: