Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Electrical mechanics maintain, test, rebuild and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical apparatus. They are employed by independent electrical repair shops, service shops of electrical equipment manufacturers and maintenance departments of manufacturing companies.
armature winder repairer, coil winder and repairer, electric motor systems technician, electrical mechanic, electrical mechanic apprentice, electrical rewind mechanic, electrical transformer repairer, industrial motor winder-repairer, power transformer repairer, transformer repairer.
- Test and observe electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear, generators and other electro-mechanical equipment
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils for electric motors or transformer
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors by welding, brazing or soldering electrical connections and by aligning and adjusting parts
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
- Perform some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators or other parts
- Perform on-site servicing and repair.
Electrical mechanics may specialize in working with certain types of apparatus, such as electric motors or transformers, or in performing certain functions, such as winding coils.
Jobs for Electrical Mechanics in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: