Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who sell goods or services during home demonstrations or by telephone soliciting, retail exhibitions or street vending. They are employed by a wide range of retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturers, telemarketing companies and call centres, or they may be self-employed.
canvasser – retail, demonstrator – retail, direct distributor – retail, door-to-door salesperson, home demonstrator – retail, street vendor, telemarketer, telephone solicitor.
- Direct distributors, contact potential customers by phone or through personal contacts, demonstrate and sell products directly to individual customers or at sales parties and deliver purchased goods to customers.
- Door-to-door salespersons solicit sales and sell merchandise to residents of private homes.
- Street vendors set up and display merchandise on sidewalks or at public events to sell to the public.
- Telephone solicitors and telemarketers contact businesses or private individuals, by telephone, to solicit sales for goods or services or conduct market surveys
- Demonstrators arrange sales demonstration appointments, and show, describe and sell goods or services at wholesale, retail and industrial establishments, and at exhibitions, trade shows and private homes.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Elemental Sales Occupations in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||2012-02-24|
Employment prospects for other elemental sales occupations are expected to be good in 2012-2013.
The bulk of the demand for workers in this occupation comes from outbound call centres. Although this is a small occupation, there have been a large number of vacancies in recent years. Some of the vacancies are a result of turnover which is common in this type of work.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The federal and provincial governments have announced funding for Meetings & Conventions Prince Edward Island to help the region become a top destination for meetings and conventions
Week of Oct 01 – Oct 05, 2012
- Date Modified: