Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks</i> (6421), <i>Cashiers</i> (6611), <i>Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers</i> (6622) and <i>Other Elemental Sales Occupations</i> (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
department store supervisor, head cashier, liquor store supervisor, produce department supervisor, rental service supervisor, route supervisor, retail sales, telemarketing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Supervisors in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||2012-02-21|
Employment prospects for retail trade supervisors are expected to be fair in 2012-2013.
New retail developments in Charlottetown are expected to provide new employment opportunities. This is also a large occupational group on PEI. As with most large occupations, there will be job openings due to normal turnover. Some employers prefer to promote from within which may impact the number of jobs advertised to the public. There is potential for supervisors to advance to management positions which creates additional opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- New Subaru car dealership is set to open in Charlottetown on March 1 and expects to hire approximately 10 full-time staff over the next year
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
- Two Alberton-based businesses, The Sidewalk Grill Café and Alberton Florist, are re-opening this month
Week of Oct 22 – Oct 26, 2012
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- Date Modified: