Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors in this unit group teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions and not job-related. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes driver's licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments, and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
driver's licence examiner, driving instructor, instructor, modelling and finishing school, motorcycle driving instructor, sewing instructor – non-vocational.
- Driving instructors instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations, demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and supervise individuals during practice driving.
- Driver's licence examiners conduct road test examinations and evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Sewing instructors give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Modelling and finishing school instructors give instruction on comportment, personal development, make-up application and modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Instructors in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||2012-03-02|
Employment prospects for other instructors are expected to be fair in 2012-2013.
Employment opportunities for this occupation may not be as readily available as those which have a good outlook. However, a fair outlook should not prevent anyone from pursuing a specific career in which they are interested.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Construction has begun on the new K-12 school in Souris. The total cost for the constuction is $20M and the construction manager is APM Construction Services.
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The PEI Teachers Federation has negotiated a two-year contract with the province of PEI. The contract covers substitute teachers for the first time and includes a 1% pay increase each year. Under the contract, upcoming cuts will be by attrition only.
- The English Language School Board has announced funding cuts to schools that amount to 43 teaching positions across the 57 English language schools in the province
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The University of PEI has laid off 35 staff as a result of a $9M deficit at the university this year
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The University of PEI will increase tuition by 4% this fall to help offset a portion of the $9M deficit for the university
- Date Modified: