Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors and teachers of persons with disabilities teach children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities communication techniques, such as Braille or sign language, and rehabilitation skills to increase independence and mobility. They are employed in rehabilitation centres, specialized educational institutes and throughout the elementary and secondary school system.
instructor, orientation and mobility, job coach for persons with disabilities, rehabilitation instructor, sign language instructor, teacher of Braille, teacher of persons who are blind, teacher of persons who are hearing impaired, teacher of persons who are intellectually impaired, teacher of persons with a physical disability, teacher, rehabilitation.
- Instruct students who are blind or visually impaired in reading and writing Braille and in the use of special equipment
- Instruct students who are deaf or hearing impaired in lip-reading, finger spelling and sign language, according to individual communication needs
- Instruct students who are hearing impaired in formation and development of sounds for speech using hearing aids and other devices
- Instruct individuals with physical disabilities and their families in the use of rehabilitative techniques, prosthetic devices, wheelchairs and other equipment designed to minimize the effects of a disability
- Assist individuals with intellectual impairments and physical disabilities to develop life skills, and provide job training and support.
Jobs for Instructors and Teachers of Persons with Disabilities in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Prince Edward Island.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-07||Teacher for persons with autism (Life Skills Instructor)||Stars for Life Foundation for Autism||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: