Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Early childhood educators plan and organize activities for preschool and school-age children. Early childhood educator assistants provide care and guidance to preschool children under the supervision of early childhood educators. Early childhood educators and assistants lead children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth. They are employed in child-care centres, kindergartens, nursery schools, agencies for exceptional children, and other environments where early childhood education services are provided, or they may be self-employed. Early childhood educators who are supervisors are included in this group.
child-care worker assistant, child-care worker, day care, day-care helper, day-care supervisor, day-care worker, early childhood assistant, early childhood education worker, early childhood educator, early childhood educator assistant, early childhood program staff assistant, early childhood supervisor, preschool helper, preschool supervisor, preschool teacher.
- Develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the development of children
- Lead children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use, providing opportunities for creative expression through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking the children to local points of interest
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems and take appropriate action
- Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children
- Discuss progress or problems of children with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other community service providers working with children
- Attend meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching methods
- May plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Lead children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing craft materials
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Arrange rooms and furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Submit written observations on children to supervisor
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Assist supervisor in keeping records
- Maintain day-care equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.
Jobs for Early Childhood Educators and Assistants in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 6 job postings in Prince Edward Island.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-12-05||Early childhood educator (replacement)||Carrefour de l'Isle-Saint-Jean Inc.||
|2013-11-27||Early childhood educator assistant||Merry Pop-Ins Childcare Centre Inc.||
|2013-11-27||Early childhood educator||Merry Pop-Ins Childcare Centre Inc.||
|2013-11-22||Early childhood assistant (Classroom Assistant)||Island Montessori Academy||
|2013-11-21||Early childhood assistant||Sonshine Early Years Center||
|2013-11-15||Early childhood educator||Tiny Tot Early Years Centre||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: