Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools. Elementary school librarians are included in this unit group.
French immersion teacher – elementary school, elementary school teacher, elementary school teacher, English as a second language, elementary school teacher, French as a second language, kindergarten teacher, librarian, elementary school, primary school teacher, remedial teacher – elementary school, special education teacher – elementary school, supply teacher – elementary school.
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May supervise teachers' aides and student teachers.
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers may specialize in such areas as special education or second language instruction.
Wages for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers in Prince Edward Island
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Prince Edward Island||17.33||27.88||36.54||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: