Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Information systems analysts and consultants conduct research, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
IT (information technology) consultant, computer consultant, computer systems analyst, informatics consultant, informatics security analyst, information systems business analyst, information systems quality assurance analyst, management information systems (MIS) analyst, systems auditor, systems consultant, systems security analyst.
- Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
- Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Information Systems Analysts and Consultants in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||2012-02-28|
Employment prospects for information systems analysts and consultants are expected to be good in 2012-2013.
Government and private business are increasingly relying on information systems to achieve greater effiencies and increase productivity. Opportunities are expected as the need to process, manage, and secure information grows on PEI and internationally.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Provincial Governement will contribute $6.6M for 2014 celebrations on PEI as well as $2.8M for rennovations to the Homburg Theatre in the Confederation Centre
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Government of Canada and the provincial government have announced funding for infrastructure improvements to the Jacques Cartier Memorial Arena in Alberton
- The Government of Canada and the provincial government have announced funding for infrastructure improvements to the ball fields in O'Leary in order for the community to host Softball Canada’s under-16 national girls fast pitch tournament in August 2013
- Funding has been cut for the Atlantic Veterinary College's diagnostic lab. The $340,000 cut amounts to around 13% of the lab's budget.
- A new general surgeon will be hired to work out of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlotteown. This increases the current complement of surgeons on PEI, resulting in an increased number of surgeries to be performed.
- The family medicine sponsorship program is accepting applications for their program which offers up to $110,000 over four years to medical students who commit to practice medicine on PEI for five years after their training
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The Governement of PEI tabled its 2013-14 budget, which includes the introduction of the HST; an increase in the small business tax rate; spending increases in Health, Community Services, Tourism for several departments; and a new self-employment funding program.
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- The Government of Canada, the provincial government, and the City of Charlottetown have announced funding for a cycling event called Gran Fondo on PEI, to be held from August 23 to 25, 2013
- The Government of Canada and the provincial government have announced funding for a permanent visitor information centre and infrastructure improvements for the Harbourfront Jubilee Theatre in Summerside
- IT sector looks to fill 100 job openings at the annual IT Job Fair held in March in Charlottetown
- The Department of Health and Wellness announced they will be keeping the dialysis services at the current locations on PEI, introducing an 8-1-1- Telehealth system, increasing the emergency fleet and changing the roles of community hospitals
- Date Modified: