Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who perform support functions in courts of law, such as calling court to order, preparing court dockets and maintaining exhibits. Court clerks are employed by federal and provincial courts.
court clerk, court clerk-crier, criminal court clerk, judicial clerk, provincial court clerk.
- Call courts of law to order; read charges; take pleas from defendants; swear in witnesses and perform other clerical functions in the courtrooms
- Prepare court files, court dockets and other documents
- Record main court proceedings, including pleas, names of witnesses, dates, times and rulings
- Manage care and custody of court exhibits
- Prepare documents for and participate in jury selection
- Update and maintain court office paper and electronic indexes and files on actions taken by court or in response to court decisions
- Receive, disburse and account for fines, fees and trust monies
- Assist the public in court offices.
Jobs for Court Clerks in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Prince Edward Island for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: