Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-02-23|
Employment prospects for professional occupations in business services to management are expected to be fair in 2012-2013.
There have been a number of advertised openings in recent years mainly for advertising and promotional consultants. Many of these positions tend to be short-term contracts. Self employment could be an option for those with experience.
The outlook is limited for management consultants. There are only a small number of companies that employ management consultants full time. Most of this work is due to federal and provincial government contracts or for associations and not-for-profit groups, which are often dependent on government funding.
Federal and provincial budget constraints may limit new opportunities in this occupation.
Employment opportunities for this occupation may not be as readily available as those which have a good outlook. However, a fair outlook should not prevent anyone from pursuing a specific career in which they are interested.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 30 - Oct 04, 2013
- CGI, an IT business and processing services company in Stratford, is looking to hire 40-50 IT developers and testers in the next six months
- Husky Energy has awarded two major contracts to Technip Canada for the South White Rose extension project. Another $155M engineering contract was awarded to Aker Solutions for work at the White Rose field over the next five years. Aker Solutions expects to hire about 90 people for its contract.
- Funding has been cut for the Atlantic Veterinary College's diagnostic lab. The $340,000 cut amounts to around 13% of the lab's budget.
- IT sector looks to fill 100 job openings at the annual IT Job Fair held in March in Charlottetown
- The Department of Health and Wellness announced they will be keeping the dialysis services at the current locations on PEI, introducing an 8-1-1- Telehealth system, increasing the emergency fleet and changing the roles of community hospitals
- Date Modified: