Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of utility companies or services or of heating oil distribution companies. The services provided include the distribution of water, electricity, natural gas and heating oil to residential, commercial and industrial consumers, waste disposal and waste recycling. Utilities managers are employed in public and private sector utilities and in heating oil distribution companies.
director of waste management, director of water pollution control, director, distribution systems – utilities, director, electrical power transmission operations, director, water supply, electric power plant manager, liquid waste facility manager, manager, distribution, refined petroleum products, manager, electric generating plant, manager, gas supply operations, manager, sewage treatment plant, water filtration plant manager.
- Water supply managers manage water filtration, purification processes and pumping operations, schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment and prepare reports on water supply and water quality.
- Electrical power distribution managers manage the operations of electrical power distribution systems including generating stations, transmission stations and distribution networks. They may also plan and direct the distribution activities of a municipal electrical power establishment.
- Natural gas supply managers manage the delivery of gas to consumers, monitor supply inventories and control the recording of injections and withdrawals.
- Petroleum product distribution managers plan and direct the distribution of heating oil products to retail distributors and regional storage sites.
- Water pollution control managers manage the operations of a sewage treatment plant, schedule and direct maintenance of plant equipment, and prepare reports on water quality.
- Waste systems managers manage solid or liquid waste collection and disposal systems, train drivers in how to handle waste and ensure safe operation of disposal facilities.
Wages for Utilities Managers in Prince Edward Island
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: