Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail basis. Retail trade managers are employed by retail sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
antique dealer, assistant manager – retail, bookstore manager, car dealership manager, clothing store manager, department store manager, pleasure boat dealer, service station manager, sporting goods store manager, store manager – retail, supermarket manager, travel agency manager, variety store manager.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in retail sales or of departments in such establishments
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
- Resolve customer complaints
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||2012-03-08|
Employment prospects for retail trade managers are expected to be good in 2012-2013.
This is a large occupational group on PEI. As with most large occupations, there will be frequent job openings due to normal turnover.
There have been a number of advertised job openings in recent years and that is expected to continue. New opportunities are expected as construction continues on two new major retail developments in Charlottetown, the Northcom Business Centre and the Spencer Drive Plaza. These developments are expected to attract a number of new retail establishments to the city in 2012.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- New Subaru car dealership is set to open in Charlottetown on March 1 and expects to hire approximately 10 full-time staff over the next year
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
- Two Alberton-based businesses, The Sidewalk Grill Café and Alberton Florist, are re-opening this month
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The federal and provincial governments have announced funding for Meetings & Conventions Prince Edward Island to help the region become a top destination for meetings and conventions
Week of Oct 22 – Oct 26, 2012
- Date Modified: