Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machine operators in this unit group operate machinery or equipment to fabricate complete products or parts for use in the assembly of electrical appliances and equipment, and electrical apparatus, such as batteries, fuses and plugs. Inspectors in this unit group inspect and test completed parts and production items. Workers in this unit group are employed by electrical appliance and electrical equipment manufacturing companies.
assembly machine setter – electrical equipment manufacturing, dry cell charge machine operator, epoxy coating machine operator, inspector, electrical dry battery, inspector, electrical light bulbs, machine operator – electrical equipment manufacturing, machine set-up operator – electrical appliance manufacturing, production line battery repairer – electrical equipment manufacturing.
- Operate machinery to assemble, test or package dry cell batteries
- Position lead acid storage batteries on assembly line and insert battery contents into casing
- Operate machinery, such as pasting and stacking machines, to fabricate plates for lead acid storage batteries
- Load machinery with glass tubes, bulbs and other parts used to produce incandescent, fluorescent and other types of light bulbs and tubes, and remove and pack finished product
- Operate or feed machinery and equipment to produce electrical wiring devices such as fuses, plugs, caps, sockets, connectors and switches
- Operate equipment to apply protective coatings to items such as freezer cabinets, small electric motors or transformer assemblies
- Perform minor repairs to items rejected from production line
- Set up and adjust production machinery and equipment for operation.
- Check in-process and completed production items for visual or mechanical defects or operate testing equipment to maintain quality of products
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repair
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
Outlook & Prospects for Machine Operators and Inspectors, Electrical Apparatus Manufacturing in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The City of Winnipeg reached a $600M agreement with the Manitoba Government to complete a rapid-transit bus corridor to connect downtown Winnipeg and the University of Manitoba
- Air Canada plans to close its Winnipeg reservations call centre. The closure affects 77 employees and is expected to be a gradual process.
- Hinduja Global Solutions Canada Inc. expects to hold a job fair at the end of November to determine if the Winnipeg labour market could fill 500-plus positions for a new call-centre
- New Flyer Industries Inc. started production on 50 diesel-electric hybrid buses for the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority, with delivery expected by the end of 2013
- Shindico Realty plans to develop a 25-acre open-air shopping centre, consisting of 20 to 30 tenants
- Winnipeg's Canadian Museum for Humans Rights has set its opening date for September 20, 2014. Staff will move into the building at the end of December.
- The City of Winnipeg may impose a new $10,000 to $12,000 tax on new home construction; it would generate approximately $30M every year
- Businesses in Winnipeg with fewer than 500 employees may be eligible for up to $3.5M of a $100M federal start-up fund
- Date Modified: