Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Assemblers in this unit group assemble prefabricated parts to produce household, commercial and industrial appliances and equipment. Inspectors in this unit group inspect and test assembled products. Workers who set up and prepare assembly lines for operation are included in this unit group. Workers in this unit group are employed by electrical appliance and electrical equipment manufacturing companies.
assembler, electrical appliances, circuit breaker assembler, clothes dryer assembler, electric, coffee maker assembler, dishwasher assembler, hair dryer assembler, inspector, electrical appliance assembly, inspector, electrical controls assembly, lawn mower assembler, electric, production assembler, electrical equipment, refrigerator assembler, electric.
- Assemble prefabricated parts on an assembly line, or at work benches using screw guns and other hand and power tools
- Assemble small and large household electrical appliances such as coffeemakers, toasters, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, refrigerators and dishwashers
- Assemble small transformers, small electrical motors and transmissions used in appliances or other electrical products
- Assemble circuit breakers, switches or other electrical control equipment and position and fasten components such as springs, toggles or other parts into assembly casings
- Wind coils and armatures for small electric motors and transformers
- Perform minor repairs to products rejected from production assembly line
- Set up assembly line with materials and supplies required for production, and set up and adjust production tools.
- Check products at different stages of production for visual defects and faulty electrical and mechanical connections, or operate automatic or other testing equipment to ensure product quality
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repair
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
Outlook & Prospects for Assemblers and Inspectors, Electrical Appliance, Apparatus and Equipment Manufacturing in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Canadian Tire plans to open a new cloud computing centre in downtown Winnipeg, which is expected to create 50 local jobs
- A new residential development, the Ridgewood South, was approved near the Charleswood area in Winnipeg. As many as 8,700 new residents are expected to move into the area over the next 15 years.
- Two new restaurants will open this summer at the Kildonan Park in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: