Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group operate single-function machines or machinery that is part of a larger production process to process mineral ore and metal products. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
aluminum classifier, asbestos dryer, billet heater, brick and tile crusher operator, cement miller, extrusion press operator, foil-winding machine operator, furnace charger, ladle pourer, lead refiner, lime kiln operator, mica sheet laminator, quenching car operator, scrap metal shredder, sintering machine operator, slurry equipment operator, steel roller, uranium classifier operator, zinc cell operator.
- Set up, prepare and adjust mineral ore, metal and cement processing machinery to carry out one step in the overall mineral ore or metal processing operation
- Operate single-function machinery to grind, separate, filter, mix, treat, cast, roll, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe gauges, meters, computer printouts, video monitors and products to ensure correct operation of machine and verify specified processing conditions
- Make adjustments to machinery as required
- Record production information and complete reports
- May assist with machinery maintenance or repair.
Outlook & Prospects for Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- El Paso, Texas is buying 22 buses, with an option for an additional 180, from bus manufacturer New Flyer Industries of Winnipeg
- Canada Goose has moved into a larger facility in Winnipeg and will be expanding its workforce within the next year
- Date Modified: