Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Papermaking and coating control operators operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of paper, paper pulp and paperboard. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
back tender, paper machine, control operator, paper machine, fourdrinier machine operator, panelboard operator – pulp and paper, paper machine operator, paper-coating machine operator.
- Operate, co-ordinate and monitor the operation of papermaking and papercoating process equipment from central control room or from machine consoles and control panels in equipment cabins to make paper from pulp stock, mix chemicals and dyes, and coat paper products
- Control process operations and machinery using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe panel indicators, gauges, video monitors and other instruments to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure papermaking and coating processes are operating according to process specifications
- Analyze instrument readings and production test samples and make adjustments or direct other papermaking and finishing machine operators to make adjustments to papermaking and coating process and equipment as required
- Complete and maintain production reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Papermaking and Coating Control Operators in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Canadian Tire plans to open a new cloud computing centre in downtown Winnipeg, which is expected to create 50 local jobs
- A new residential development, the Ridgewood South, was approved near the Charleswood area in Winnipeg. As many as 8,700 new residents are expected to move into the area over the next 15 years.
- Two new restaurants will open this summer at the Kildonan Park in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: