Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- El Paso, Texas is buying 22 buses, with an option for an additional 180, from bus manufacturer New Flyer Industries of Winnipeg
- Canada Goose has moved into a larger facility in Winnipeg and will be expanding its workforce within the next year
- Date Modified: