Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect electrical components, appliances, motors and industrial equipment. They are employed by companies that manufacture electrical products.
foreman/woman, electrical motor assembly, foreman/woman, electrical transformer assembly, foreman/woman, switchgear assembly, supervisor, electrical appliance assembly, supervisor, electrical equipment manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect various types of electrical apparatus and equipment such as electrical appliances, batteries, electric motors, transformers and generators and electrical switchgear and control equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Electrical Products Manufacturing in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- El Paso, Texas is buying 22 buses, with an option for an additional 180, from bus manufacturer New Flyer Industries of Winnipeg
- Canada Goose has moved into a larger facility in Winnipeg and will be expanding its workforce within the next year
- Date Modified: