Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Pulping Control Operators</i> (9233), <i>Papermaking and Coating Control Operators</i> (9234), <i>Labourers in Wood, Pulp and Paper Processing</i> (9614), and <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Pulp and Paper Production and Wood Processing</i> (943). They are employed by pulp and paper companies, paper converting companies, sawmills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing companies.
coating room foreman/woman – pulp and paper, foreman/woman, lumber grading, foreman/woman, plywood making, foreman/woman, shingle mill, foreman/woman, waferboard, foreman/woman, wood treating plant, paper machine foreman/woman, paper mill foreman/woman, pulp mill foreman/woman, sawmill foreman/woman, shift operating supervisor – pulp and paper, supervisor, paper converting, tour foreman/woman – pulp and paper.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate pulp and paper mills, paper converting mills, sawmills, planing mills, plywood, waferboard and other wood and paper products mills
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions and administer the collective agreement
- Prepare production and other reports
- Monitor safety conditions
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Forest Products Processing in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- El Paso, Texas is buying 22 buses, with an option for an additional 180, from bus manufacturer New Flyer Industries of Winnipeg
- Canada Goose has moved into a larger facility in Winnipeg and will be expanding its workforce within the next year
- Date Modified: