Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Logging machinery operators operate cable yarding systems, mechanical harvesters and forwarders and mechanical tree processors and loaders to fell, yard and process trees at logging sites. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
chipping machine operator, delimber operator, feller buncher operator, feller forwarder operator, grapple operator – logging, linehorse operator, loader operator – logging, log processor operator, rigging slinger, shortwood harvester operator, slasher operator – logging, steel spar operator, treelength forwarder operator, yarder operator.
- Cable yarding system operators operate machines to transport trees from logging areas to landing or log loading sites in mountainous terrain in western Canada.
- Mechanical harvester and forwarder operators assess site and terrain and drive heavy equipment to perform a combination of felling, slashing, bucking, bunching and forwarding operations at logging areas.
- Mechanical tree processor and loader operators operate a variety of machines which perform a combination of slashing, bucking, chipping, sorting and loading logs or trees at landing sites.
Outlook & Prospects for Logging Machinery Operators in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Manitoba.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Central Region||N/A||N/A|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- October 2013 | (PDF, 626 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 293 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 236 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 497 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 429 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 232 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 453 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 223 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- A recent study found that canola farming and processing is responsible for about 40,700 jobs in Manitoba
- Farmers across Manitoba are expecting to see an increase of five to fifteen percent in production of several crops this year
- The Manitoba government may reduce subsidy to the Jockey Club at Assiniboia Downs by $5M per year; potentially affecting up to 500 direct jobs in the Jockey Club and 1,000 jobs in the agricultural community
- Date Modified: