Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Glaziers cut, fit, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on exterior walls of buildings and other structures and in furniture and other products. They are employed by construction glass installation contractors, retail service and repair shops and glass fabrication shops, or they may be self-employed.
glazier, glazier and metal mechanic, glazier apprentice, plate glass installer, stained glass glazier, structural glass glazier.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters or computerized cutter
- Tint glass and create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting or painting designs
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolds, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or mouldings
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or exteriors of building
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation
- Install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals or related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
- Install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass panels in frames to form exterior walls of buildings
- Replace glass in furniture and other products
- Prepare and install skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained or other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments
- Repair and service residential windows, commercial aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures, and replace damaged glass or faulty sealant
- May prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Canadian Tire plans to open a new cloud computing centre in downtown Winnipeg, which is expected to create 50 local jobs
- A new residential development, the Ridgewood South, was approved near the Charleswood area in Winnipeg. As many as 8,700 new residents are expected to move into the area over the next 15 years.
- Two new restaurants will open this summer at the Kildonan Park in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: