Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Grocery clerks and store shelf stockers pack customers' purchases, price items, stock shelves with merchandise and fill mail and telephone orders. They are employed in retail establishments, such as grocery, hardware and department stores, and in warehouses.
bag clerk, grocery clerk, grocery packer, order filler – retail, price clerk – retail, produce clerk, shelf stocker – retail, supermarket clerk.
- Bag, box or parcel purchases for customers or for shipment or delivery to customers
- Carry customers' purchases to parking lot and pack in vehicles
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Use barcode scanning equipment to record incoming stock, verify pricing and maintain computerized stock inventory
- Price items using stamp or stickers according to price list
- Attach protective devices to products to protect against shoplifting
- Stock shelves and display areas and keep stock clean and in order
- Fill mail orders from warehouse stock
- Obtain articles for customers from shelf or stockroom
- Direct customers to location of articles sought
- May sweep aisles, dust display racks and perform other general cleaning duties
- May operate cash register and computer for electronic commerce transactions
- May order stock.
Wages for Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers in Winnipeg Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Winnipeg Region||10.25||10.80||19.75||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: