Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who perform support duties related to broadcasting and to the production of motion pictures and the performing arts. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies and by theatre and stage companies. This unit group also includes projectionists employed by IMAX or automated cinemas and drive-in theatres.
boom grip, camera crane operator, dresser, grip, lighting assistant, projectionist, prompter, props person, script assistant, set builder, set dresser, special effects assistant, spotlight operator.
- Camera crane operators set up, assemble, adjust, maintain and replace reels and projector equipment; detect and repair mechanical and electrical problems; and change and install an electronic control panel using automated equipment.
- Motion picture projectionists check the condition of the copy; set up and load film reels on movie and drive-in theatre projection systems, adjust focus, sound levels and other projector and theatre settings, and maintain projection equipment.
- Props persons and set builders assemble, repair, place, build and oversee props.
- Script assistants distribute scripts to actors, keep detailed notes of all actions, positions and camera angles and photograph and date scenes.
- Grips and riggers rig, place, move and dismantle sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Dressers clean, maintain, transport and store costumes, and assist performers to dress in costumes.
Outlook & Prospects for Support Occupations in Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and the Performing Arts in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Canadian Tire plans to open a new cloud computing centre in downtown Winnipeg, which is expected to create 50 local jobs
- A new residential development, the Ridgewood South, was approved near the Charleswood area in Winnipeg. As many as 8,700 new residents are expected to move into the area over the next 15 years.
- Two new restaurants will open this summer at the Kildonan Park in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: