Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, orchestras for ballet and opera performances or they may be self-employed.
arranger, bandmaster, choir director, composer, conductor, lyricist, music adapter, musical director, orchestrator, singer-songwriter-composer, songwriter.
- Conductors select and interpret musical works and lead bands, orchestras and choirs during rehearsals and performances.
- Composers create musical compositions such as television and film scores, theme music, songs, symphonies and music for interactive products such as video games.
- Arrangers adapt and modify musical compositions to convey desired themes and to suit particular instrumental and vocal performances.
Conductors, composers and arrangers usually specialize in a particular type of music such as classical, country, jazz or popular.
Outlook & Prospects for Conductors, Composers and Arrangers in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Canad Inns has opened a new 191-room hotel attached to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre. This is the first hotel in Canada to be connected to a hospital.
- A new Liquor Mart Express has opened in the Charleswood district of Winnipeg
- Cabela's, a Canadian hunting and fishing store, is opening a 70,000 sq.-ft. location in Winnipeg on May 9. The store will employ about 200 full-time and part-time workers.
- New mixed-use development being built in Winnipeg which includes as many as 200 condos, retail and restaurant components, as well as an office tower
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Winnipeg based on-line pharmaceutical company, Canada Drugs, is laying off employees
- Boeing announces expansion to their Murray Industrial Park plant in Winnipeg
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- El Paso, Texas is buying 22 buses, with an option for an additional 180, from bus manufacturer New Flyer Industries of Winnipeg
- Canada Goose has moved into a larger facility in Winnipeg and will be expanding its workforce within the next year
- Date Modified: