Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who oversee and administer recreation, sports and fitness programs and activities, provide consulting services, conduct research and develop programs and policies related to recreation, sports and physical fitness. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, recreation, sports, fitness and health care facilities, retirement homes, community centres, sports and fitness consulting firms and organizations, or they may be self-employed.
camp co-ordinator, exercise physiologist, exercise therapist, fitness appraiser, fitness consultant, fitness supervisor, kinesiologist, recreation consultant, registered kinesiologist, sports consultant, sports policy analyst, sports program supervisor.
- Kinesiologists conduct fitness and human movement tests and assessments. They design and implement programs to maintain, rehabilitate or enhance movement and performance in the areas of sports, recreation, work and exercise.
- Fitness consultants provide expert advice and consulting services to community groups, corporations, schools and other organizations in the design and development of fitness programs and activities. They may write proposals and press statements for corporations, industry and the fitness community.
- Recreation consultants provide expert advice and consulting service to communities, corporations, institutions and other organizations in the design and development of recreation programs and activities.
- Sports consultants provide expert advice and consulting service to sports associations and other organizations in the design, development and administration of sports programs and activities.
- Recreation, sports and fitness policy analysts conduct research and develop government policies related to recreation, sports, fitness and athletic safety and standards.
- Recreation, sports and fitness program supervisors develop, plan and co-ordinate sports, fitness and recreation programs, and special sporting events.
- Fitness appraisers conduct fitness tests and assessments, and design, develop and deliver fitness counselling.
- Exercise therapists conduct fitness tests and assessments, and design, develop and deliver rehabilitative exercise programs in occupational and related health settings.
Outlook & Prospects for Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program Supervisors and Consultants in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Manitoba.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Central Region||N/A||N/A|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- November 2013 | (PDF, 555 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 626 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 293 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 236 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 497 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 429 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 232 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 453 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 223 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 04 - Nov 08, 2013
- Winnipeg's Canadian Museum for Humans Rights has set its opening date for September 20, 2014. Staff will move into the building at the end of December.
- Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline park, will open August 19 in Winnipeg
- The Duck Mountain Provincial Park expects an improvement in park services after receiving a capital investment of $2.4M, which will come over the next six years
- Date Modified: