Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who provide services and assistance to health care professionals and other health care staff. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, offices of health care professionals, nursing homes, optical retail stores and laboratories, pharmacies and medical pathology laboratories.
autopsy assistant, blood donor clinic assistant, cast room technician, central supply aide, chiropractic assistant, clinical laboratory helper, lens grinder, ophthalmic, morgue attendant, occupational therapy assistant, ophthalmic laboratory technician – retail, optical laboratory assistant, optometrist assistant, orthopedic technologist, pharmacy assistant, physiotherapy assistant, rehabilitation assistant, therapy assistant.
- Orthopedic technologists assist orthopedic surgeons in the treatment of orthopedic diseases and injuries by applying and adjusting casts, splints, bandages and other orthopedic devices; assisting in the application, maintenance and adjustment of traction equipment; cleaning and dressing wounds; and removing casts, sutures, staples and pins. They also instruct patients and their families and other health care professionals with respect to orthopedic matters.
- Therapy assistants prepare and maintain equipment and supplies, assist patients as directed by health care professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists and chiropractors and may perform routine office functions.
- Optical/ophthalmic laboratory technicians and assistants operate laboratory equipment to grind, cut, polish and edge lenses for eyeglasses according to prescriptions received and fit lenses into frames; make minor repairs for customers such as replacing frame screws or straightening frames; and maintain and repair optical laboratory equipment or machinery.
- Pharmacy assistants assist pharmacists by compounding, packaging and labelling pharmaceutical products and by maintaining prescription records and inventories of medications and pharmaceutical products.
- Central supply aides collect and sort soiled supplies and instruments from hospital departments; operate machines such as instrument washers, sonic sinks, cart washers and steam autoclaves to clean, reprocess and sterilize these supplies for re-use; and assemble packs of sterile supplies and instruments for delivery to hospital departments.
- Blood donor clinic assistants set up and dismantle equipment; prepare and maintain cleanliness of collection areas; maintain supplies; record information on donors; monitor donors throughout procedure and assist with post-donation care and donor reaction care as assigned under supervision of a registered nurse; and label and process donated blood.
- Morgue attendants assist pathologists at autopsies by laying out surgical instruments; preparing solutions for preservation of specimens; transferring bodies from morgue to examining table; removing organs and tissue specimens, as instructed by attending pathologist, and placing them in preservative solutions; and cleaning and sewing up bodies for release to funeral home.
Jobs for Other Assisting Occupations in Support of Health Services in Winnipeg Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 8 job postings in Winnipeg Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-24||Activity worker||Friends Housing Inc.||
|2013-05-22||Physiotherapy assistant||Centric Health Sports Physiotherapy Centre||
|2013-05-21||Chiropractic assistant||Focus Chiropractic Centre||
|2013-05-19||surgical assistant||AN UNNAMED COMPANY||
|2013-05-17||Chiropractic assistant||Academy Chiropractic||
|2013-05-17||pharmacy assistant||SHOPPERS DRUG MART||
|2013-05-12||physiotherapy assistant||NK CLINIC||
|2013-05-07||Rehabilitation assistant (Canada Summer Job program)||West Park Manor Personal Care Home, Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: