Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental assistants assist dentists during the examination and treatment of patients and perform clerical functions. Dental assistants work primarily in dentists' offices, or they may be employed by government and educational institutions.
certified dental assistant, certified intra-oral dental assistant, dental assistant, registered dental assistant.
- Prepare patients for dental examination and assist the dentist during the examination
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Schedule patient appointments and record dental procedures performed
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Order dental and office supplies
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate temporary crowns and restorations.
Outlook & Prospects for Dental Assistants in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 27 - May 31, 2013
- The new Mental Health Crisis Response Centre will open on June 3 in Winnipeg. The centre has over 35 health professionals and will be open 24 hours a day.
- The University of Manitoba Medical School is holding MedTalks, lectures given by faculty professors and health-care professionals. This will be of interest to anyone considering a career in health-care.
- Date Modified: