Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Manufacturing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or of a production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by manufacturing companies.
automobile production manager, clothing factory manager, dairy plant manager, distillery manager, factory superintendent, foundry manager, manufacturing manager, operations manager, manufacturing, plant manager, manufacturing, printing plant manager, production manager – manufacturing, textile mill manager, tire plant manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Winnipeg Region||<Not assigned>||2012-07-17|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- El Paso, Texas is buying 22 buses, with an option for an additional 180, from bus manufacturer New Flyer Industries of Winnipeg
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- AssentWorks Inc. of Winnipeg receives $467,000 from Western Economic Diversification to aid Manitoba manufacturing
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Intelligent Hospital Systems of Winnipeg has entered into a manufacturing partnership with ATS Automation of Ontario. In the next few months, Intelligent Hospital Systems will lay off 10 employees.
- GE Aviation's engine-testing facility in Winnipeg has been made functional year-round
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- Plastic-packaging manufacturer Winpak Ltd. is undertaking a $10M expansion of its primary production plant in Winnipeg in a move that could create up to 125 new jobs over the next five years
- Winnipeg-based manufacturer Conviron exports environmentally-controlled chambers used in agriculture and plant research. The company could market the design of controlled environments to other industries as well.
- FXR Racing, located in Winnipeg, is the largest manufacturer of snowmobile jackets and pants in the world
- Date Modified: