Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of libraries, archives, museums, art galleries or departments within such institutions. They are employed in libraries, archives, museums and non-retail art galleries.
archives director, assistant director of archives, chief librarian, executive director, museum, library director, manager, art gallery, museum administrator.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a library or library system, archive or archive system, museum or art gallery or a technical department within such an institution
- Develop and administer policies and programs
- Prepare and administer budgets
- Develop, promote and implement public relations and promotional programs
- Prepare funding and grant applications and proposals
- Prepare operational and financial reports, analyses and recommendations
- Recruit and provide training for professional, technical and clerical staff
- May perform the duties of a librarian, archivist or curator in smaller institutions.
Library, archive, museum and art gallery managers may specialize in a specific type of collection.
Jobs for Library, Archive, Museum and Art Gallery Managers in Winnipeg Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Winnipeg Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: