Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of libraries, archives, museums, art galleries or departments within such institutions. They are employed in libraries, archives, museums and non-retail art galleries.
archives director, assistant director of archives, chief librarian, executive director, museum, library director, manager, art gallery, museum administrator.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a library or library system, archive or archive system, museum or art gallery or a technical department within such an institution
- Develop and administer policies and programs
- Prepare and administer budgets
- Develop, promote and implement public relations and promotional programs
- Prepare funding and grant applications and proposals
- Prepare operational and financial reports, analyses and recommendations
- Recruit and provide training for professional, technical and clerical staff
- May perform the duties of a librarian, archivist or curator in smaller institutions.
Library, archive, museum and art gallery managers may specialize in a specific type of collection.
Outlook & Prospects for Library, Archive, Museum and Art Gallery Managers in Winnipeg Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The City of Winnipeg unveiled its $30M plan to improve traffic congestion on roads and intersections in the Polo Park neighbourhood over the next two years. Additionally, the plan calls for adding new retail facilities in the community.
- The University of Winnipeg Community Renewal Corp. plans to start construction on a $27M 14-storey apartment complex in spring 2014, with a completion date scheduled for the fall of 2015. Provincial regulations will ensure affordability for 46-units.
- The City of Winnipeg reached a $600M agreement with the Manitoba Government to complete a rapid-transit bus corridor to connect downtown Winnipeg and the University of Manitoba
- Air Canada plans to close its Winnipeg reservations call centre. The closure affects 77 employees and is expected to be a gradual process.
- Hinduja Global Solutions Canada Inc. expects to hold a job fair at the end of November to determine if the Winnipeg labour market could fill 500-plus positions for a new call-centre
- New Flyer Industries Inc. started production on 50 diesel-electric hybrid buses for the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority, with delivery expected by the end of 2013
- Shindico Realty plans to develop a 25-acre open-air shopping centre, consisting of 20 to 30 tenants
- Winnipeg's Canadian Museum for Humans Rights has set its opening date for September 20, 2014. Staff will move into the building at the end of December.
- The City of Winnipeg may impose a new $10,000 to $12,000 tax on new home construction; it would generate approximately $30M every year
- Date Modified: