Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes labourers, not elsewhere classified, who perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities in processing, manufacturing and utilities. They are employed by companies that manufacture products such as clothing, footwear, furniture and electrical and electronic products and by printing and packaging companies.
bindery helper, box packer, carton marker, chair sander, clothing plant labourer, electrical products labourer, film cutter – film processing, furniture packer, garment folder, labourer, shoe manufacturing, lens blocker, packager, machine, seed packager, sorter, recyclable materials, upholsterer helper.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Labourers in Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has issued a call for proposals to evaluate new opportunities for harvesting, processing and marketing yellowtail flounder
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- P. Janes & Sons Limited has closed three crab processing plants in Hant's Harbour, Jackson's Arm and Salvage, NL. Over 300 workers have been affected. The Barry Group hopes to hire most of the displaced workers.
Week of Oct 29 – Nov 02, 2012
Week of May 21 – May 25, 2012
- Date Modified: