Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters and coaters in this unit group tend and operate machines or use brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products. They are employed by manufacturing companies, specialized coating shops and refinishing establishments.
assembly painter, automobile painter – motor vehicle manufacturing, aviation painter, bathtub refinisher, coating machine operator – industrial painting and coating, dip tank attendant, enameller, industrial products painter, manufacturing painter, paint machine operator, paint systems operator, production painter, robotic spray paint attendant, rustproofer, motor vehicle, spray paint operator, spray painter.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula
- Tend or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
Jobs for Painters and Coaters – Industrial in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Newfoundland and Labrador for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: