Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in motor vehicle production departments. They are employed in plants which manufacture automobiles, vans and light trucks.
area co-ordinator – motor vehicle manufacturing, assembly foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing, foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing, general supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing, supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing, zone supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers in motor vehicle manufacturing production departments such as body shop, chassis, paint, trim and hardware and final assembly
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Motor Vehicle Assembling in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The provincial government has invested $227,000 through the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation for interior upgrades to social housing units in Stephenville, Corner Brook and Port-aux-Basques
- Some forestry companies in NL have expressed concerns over a shortage of loggers since the paper mills in Stephenville and Grand Falls-Windsor have closed. Workers have gone to Labrador to work on the Muskrat Falls project.
- Husky Energy has reached a landmark of 200M barrels of oil from the White Rose field. Drilling has also started on the first gas injection well at the South White Rose and expects to be in full production by 2014.
- The provincial government's Dept. of Innovation, Business and Rural Development has announced $422,000 for the Youth Innovation Program that will provide support to projects and technology in 24 schools throughout NL
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Health and Community Services has announced $3.6M in core funding over the next five years for a new master’s program for nurse practitioners in the province
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has issued a call for proposals to evaluate new opportunities for harvesting, processing and marketing yellowtail flounder
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- An agreement was reached in Newfoundland and Labrador between the Fish, Food and Allied Workers Union and the Association of Seafood Producers over the price of crab.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Innovation, Business and Rural Development is providing an equity investment of $2M to Icewater Harvesting Inc. towards the financing of a new fishing vessel
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Health Boards Association will close at the end of April due to budget cuts. Nine employees will be affected.
- The provincial government Dept. of Child, Youth and Family Services announced $14.3M for the final phase to implement the Continuum of Care Strategy for children and youth
- Date Modified: